Independence Public Media of Philadelphia, Inc. is a Pennsylvania nonprofit corporation. The organization does business as WYBE, Independence Media, and under the brand name, MiND: Media Independence, which has, unofficially, become known as MiND TV. Independence Media holds the FCC noncommercial educational broadcast license for WYBE, channel 35, in the Philadelphia DMA. We are proud of the service that we provide to the community. Our Mission and Vision reflect this commitment.
Independence Media enriches lives through programs and services that entertain, educate, and inspire. We believe in the power of television and new technologies to connect communities, promote diversity, and encourage understanding.
- To operate a high quality multi-platform television service, one that people watch, care about, talk about, and support in significant numbers.
- To fulfill Independence Media’s potential by operating in a forward-thinking, fiscally responsible manner.
- To set high standards for efficient operation, innovation, and community service.
- To grow.
- To play a significant role of life in our region(s).
- To exceed the expectations of our stakeholders.